Can I recover WhatsApp chat history I accidentally deleted from my iPhone?
I accidentally deleted my chats off my iPhone! Can I get my messages back?
The answer is absolutely yes. As WhatsApp provides recovery method to retrieve deleted chat messages as well as media files from iCloud backup and iTunes backup.
If you did not use any iCloud feature to back up your chat history, don’t too worry, you still have chance to retrieve deleted WhatsApp chat messages from iPhone by using a iPhone deleted file recovery tool.
iPhone Data Recovery is a professional iOS Data Recovery software for Mac users to retrieve all types of deleted or lost files including contacts, SMS, call history, photos and videos. What’s more, not only standard messages on your iPhone can be retrieved, your deleted WhatsApp messages can also be back to your life. With this recovery application, you can choose to recover WhatsApp chat messages (including attachments) by scanning your iPhone directly or extracting iTunes backup file.
Download the free trial of the program to recover your lost WhatsApp messages.
How to Retrieve Your Deleted WhatsApp Messages from iPhone?
The two main parts of the solution are directly scanning iPhone and extracting iTunes backup file, as the following:
- Method 1: Directly scan your iPhone and recover deleted WhatsApp chat history
- Method 2: Extract and restore WhatsApp messages from iPhone Backup
- Method 3: Selectively restore deleted WhatsApp messages from iCloud Backup file
Method1: Directly scan your iPhone for deleted or lost WhatsApp:
1. Launch the program and connect your iPhone to the Mac
Launch this iOS Data Recovery application on your Mac. Then connect your iPhone with your computer via a USB cable. The program will detect the device and show you the interface as below.
For iPhone 6S/6/6 Plus, iPhone 5S/5 and iPhone 4S users, the program will automatically detect your device and show you the interface as follows. Here you can click the Start Scan button to begin scanning your iPhone.
For iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS, it’s a little different, you need to get into the device’s scanning mode first, and then scan your iPhone. Set as the way below:
- Taking the iPhone in your hand, click Start on the window to begin.
- At the same time, tap the Power and Home buttons on your iPhone immediately for exactly 10 seconds..
- Then release the Power button after 10 seconds, and still tap the Home button for another 15 seconds, until you get into the scanning mode successfully.
2. Scan your iPhone for deleted WhatsApp messages on it
No matter you use iPhone 6S/6/6 Plus/5S/5 or iPhone 4/3GS, the scan will be shown as follows when the program begins doing it.
3. Preview and retrieve deleted WhatsApp messages from iPhone
When the scan completes, all the found data will be displayed in categories. Click WhatsApp or WhatsApp Attachments on the left column, you can find your deleted and existing WhatsApp messages including attachments. Then check the ones you want to get back and click Recover to save them on your computer. Of course you can select all the WhatsApp chat history to backup them on your Mac with one click.
Method2: Extract iPhone backup and restore WhatsApp chat history of your iPhone
If you have synced your iPhone with iTunes before of deletion, you can use this way to regain your deleted WhatsApp conversation and WhatsApp attachments. This iOS WhatsApp recovery software allows you to extract and preview your iTunes backup content and selectively restore the lost data in it. That’s what iTunes can’t do.
1. Choose you iPhone backup and extract it
After running the program, switch the recovery mode to Recover from iTunes Backup File. And you’ll get the list of all iTunes backup files on your computer. Choose the one for your iPhone and click Start Scan button to extract all content in it.
2. Preview and selectively restore lost WhatsApp messages from backup
After the scan, you can preview all the files in the iTunes backup. Choose WhatsApp, read them to find the one(ones) you want to retrieve, tick off them and press Recover button to save them on your computer. Here you can select the messages that still existing on your iPhone, and back up them to your computer with a click.
Way 3: Restore WhatsApp Messages from iCloud Backup File
Instead of restoring from the whole iCloud backup, this iOS data recovery program allows you to preview the found files and select the exact files you deleted or lost to recover. To apply this way, you should make sure you had backed up your iPhone to iCloud before the WhatsApp message deletion.
Step 1. Login iCloud and select backup file to download
Switch to Recover from iCloud Backup Files mode once you launched the program on your Mac. All recent iCloud backup files will be displayed in the window once you have logged in your iCloud account. Choose the one that contains your WhatsApp messages and download with a click.
Note:The program NEVER keep records of your Apple account info at any time during the your sessions.
You know, the whole iCloud backup file is very large. To save up the downloading time, you can choose to download "Messages" and "Message Attachments" in the pop-up window. Then, click "Next" to continue with scanning the downloaded file.
Step 3. Preview and retrieve deleted WhatsApp messages
Once the scan process is done, click WhatsApp or WhatsApp Attachments in the left column to preview your WhatsApp chat history. Mark those you need and click Recover to save them back to your Mac computer.
More about iPhone WhatsApp Message Recovery:
- iOS Data Recovery software compatible with the latest Windows 10 & Mac OS X 10.10;
- Recover deleted WhatsApp conversation from iPhone 6/6Plus, iPhone 5/4S, iPod Touch 5, and all iPad models;
- Recover deleted or lost WhatsApp conversation and WhatsApp attachments from iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad 1, iPod Touch 4th;
- For all iOS devices. recover 14 kinds of lost data by extracting iTunes backup.
- Two recovery modes: Directly scan iOS devices to recover lost data without backup; Extracting iTunes backup to retrieve previous data;
- Preview and selectively recover lost files due to accidental or intentional deletion, device damage or system crash, etc.